I trapped the Easter Bunny and mounted him on a cake
Actually, it was my job to make an Easter/Birthday cake for our family Easter dinner today. Here’s how I did it:
1. Friday: I baked four 9″ chocolate cakes and placed them all in the freezer, wrapped in plastic (I only used three of the round cakes for what you see above).
2. Saturday: I asked my wife as nicely as I could to make a ridiculous amount of buttercream icing. After I removed the cakes from the freezer, I placed them one on top of the other and trimmed the whole stack to a good circle. I “dirty iced” the three cakes and placed them back in the freezer.
3. Still Saturday: We colored the remainder of the icing yellow and green. I chose two Wilton icing tips and filled my icing bags.
4. Minutes later: I removed the iced stack and started “basket weaving” the yellow icing on the sides. When that was done, I starred the top four rows, dropped a big glop of yellow icing in the middle and placed the Lindt Bunny and the Cadbury Mini Eggs.
5. Ta-Da! Done. Only hours of work to make this little beauty. Then, back in the fridge overnight and off to my sister’s house today.
It tasted good. Want some?