Ain’t no sunrise like a Cultus Lake sunrise, cuz a Cultus Lake sunrise don’t stop…
Ooh, is that Coolio? If you don’t know Coolio, look him up, you whippersnapper. My daughter and I were listening to a CD on the way to the lake – a compilation of hip-hop songs from the late ’80′s and early ’90′s – that has Coolio’s “1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin’ New) on it. Besides Coolio, it includes songs like “MistahDobalina” (Del the Funkee HomoSapien), and “I Left My Wallet in El Segundo” (Tribe Called Quest). My daughter thought the songs sounded hilarious – me, it took me back to my job at the mall in 1989 selling clothing at Bootlegger (a Canadian chain of young adult retail stores). It took me back to the following list of things that I hope are never revived by the fashion industry, music industry, or, well, any industry:
1. Baggy pants with high waists. Seriously?
2. Big hair put in place with Final Net. No one thought that much alcohol under that much pressure was a bad idea?
3. Polka-dot rayon shirts. Silk shirts. Wha…?
4. Fido Dido. Really?
5. Vanilla Ice style. Worst abomination of a song using a Queen and David Bowie sample. And the hair and dancing…argh!
6. Suspenders. If you are not wearing clown pants, dress pants, or are a lumberjack, these are not necessary.
7. Tight pants and loose baggy shirts. Yechh…
If you would care to add anything to this list, feel free to drop response.
Oh, and the photo, it’s a sunrise on Cultus Lake. It was just something I shot after listening to music from my youth.